MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC - (Marketwire - 9 maggio 2012) - In data odierna, Bombardier Inc. (TSX: BBD.A)(TSX: BBD.B) ha pubblicato il proprio bilancio sociale intitolato All Aboard (Tutti a bordo), nel quale vengono presentate le attività di Bombardier in materia di responsabilità sociale d'impresa.
All Aboard (Tutti a bordo) è il quinto bilancio sociale pubblicato da Bombardier.
"Sebbene il bilancio sociale pubblicato nel 2011 sia soltanto il quinto pubblicato da Bombardier, la responsabilità sociale d'impresa da sempre contraddistingue le attività quotidiane della nostra società. È nostra intenzione proseguire questa tradizione quinquennale che ci ha visto aderire ai più severi criteri internazionali di rendicontazione sociale e desideriamo integrare la responsabilità sociale d'impresa in tutte le nostre attività", ha dichiarato Pierre Beaudoin, presidente e amministratore delegato di Bombardier Inc.
In addition to its 2011 CSR Report, Bombardier's dedicated website, www.csr.bombardier.com, has been fully updated, completing its CSR reporting and featuring the latest comprehensive information on performance, as well as photos, videos and a new look and feel.
Bombardier's 2011 CSR Report, in conjunction with www.csr.bombardier.com, has been developed in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) 3.1 standards of reporting. Bombardier self-declares its report to GRI Application Level B. The 2011 GRI content index is available at www.csr.bombardier.com/gri
Highlights from 2011 include:
- implementing the Global Talent Roadmap to address changes in the talent landscape
- investing in products like the CSeries commercial aircraft and ECO4 rail technologies, setting new standards of energy efficiency
- ensuring that environmental concerns are addressed from the earliest stages of product development with the Design for Environment program
- implementing the Bombardier Green Fund to elicit and leverage the best site-submitted initiatives to improve energy efficiency and overall environmental performance
- developing supply chain compliance programs and establishing new supplier recognition programs
- enhancing the Bombardier 3E approach: Education, Environment and Entrepreneurship, focusing the organization's community involvement around its core values and competencies
- following Sustainable Asset Management's (SAM) Corporate Sustainability Assessment, listing on both the Dow Jones Sustainability North America and World Indexes, benchmark indicators of sustainability, for the fifth consecutive year
- recognized as the SAM 2011 Sector Mover in the SAM Sustainability Yearbook 2012, ranking within the top 15% of the Aerospace & Defence sector and achieving the largest proportional year-over-year improvement in sustainability performance; received the SAM Gold Class award, ranking within 1% of the Sector Leader's score
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, were $18.3 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
The CSeries aircraft are in the design phase. All data and specifications are estimates, subject to change in family strategy, branding, capacity and performance during the design, manufacture and certification process. Performance has been estimated based on a 500-nm North American operating environment.
Bombardier, CSeries and ECO4 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Senior Director, Investor Relations
Copyright Thomson Reuters
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: %s via Thomson Reuters ONE